Thanks to Legacy American Martial Arts for their support.
The holidays are upon us and it’s a good time to shop local and support West St. Paul businesses and organizations. There are tons of great gifts you can get for your loved ones, right here in West St. Paul.
We’ve got a selection of some West St. Paul goodies to add to your list:
5-8 Grill & Tap
We take the Juicy Lucy seriously here in Minnesota—and in West St. Paul at the 5-8— to the point of slapping it on children’s T-shirts: $12.58
Marked down Nov. 30-Jan. 1:
- Travel mugs: $15
- T-shirts: $15
- Sweatshirts: $20
Fresh roasted coffee, aero press and gift cards also available.
Visit Amore Coffee to purchase.
City of West St. Paul
Rock the official City of West St. Paul T-shirt: $15
Contact email@example.com or send a DM on Facebook or Twitter to arrange a purchase at City Hall.
Dodge Nature Center
Nourish your need for nature by with outdoor swag:
- T-shirts (crew neck and V-neck): $20
- Knit hats: $15
- Dodge honey, 1-lbs. jar: $10; 2-lbs. jar: $20
Purchase at Dodge Nature Center main office off Marie Avenue, open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Assorted products from local photographer Joe Ferrer featuring West St. Paul scenes, including mugs, puzzles, magnets, prints, and more.
Garlough Environmental Magnet School
The PTO at Garlough has a number of items available to support the school:
- T-shirt: $12
- Hoodie: $35
- Ball cap: $18
- Knit beanie: $16
- Calendar: $10
- Customized bricks: $36+
- & more
(Download the brick order form.)
Henry Sibley Warriors
A plethora of Sibley Warriors swag is available to show your local high school pride, including hoodies, shirts, bags, buttons, and more. You can buy online or visit the Sibley Store, open Tuesdays from 2-4 p.m. or Fridays after school until 4 p.m. Also, some local stores carry Warriors swag, including CVS and Target.
Legacy American Martial Arts
Get started in taekwondo, jiu jitsu, or tai chi:
- Holiday Start-Up Package: 3 classes & a white belt/sash: $19.99
- Deluxe Start-Up Package: One month of classes & new student gear pack: $149 ($214 value)
Stop in or contact Legacy AMA to get the holiday packages.
Moreland Arts & Health Sciences Magnet School
Get your Moreland spirit gear:
- Kids T-shirts: $10
- Adult T-shirts: $12
Contact the PTA to order: firstname.lastname@example.org
Picture Perfect Art & Frame
On Sunday, December 1, Picture Perfect Art & Frame is hosting a Santa Story photo session. Kids spend 20 minutes with Santa and can read stories or share milk and cookies. $97 session fee includes a custom wooden ornament and can be applied to any photo or gift purchases.
St. Croix Lutheran Academy
Get a host of St. Croix Lutheran Academy apparel, including shirts, hoodies, pants, hats, and more.
Written by West St. Paul authors, The Stephanies is a short, goofy little story about two girls who are both named Stephanie. Sharing a name causes all kinds of problems and the two girls continually square off: “My name is Stephanie!” “No, my name is Stephanie!”
Print version: $11.99
Carry more books with the Dakota County Library tote bag: $1
Available at the customer service desk at the library.
West St. Paul Centennial
Go big or go home this holiday season with the historical West St. Paul Centennial book, chronicling 100 years of West St. Paul, from 1889 to 1989: $149
West St. Paul Reader
Assorted West St. Paul swag, including T-shirts, hoodies, onesies, bags, magnets, and more—all supporting West St. Paul Reader.
Zebra Cat Zebra
Get a subscription to the bi-monthly zine by local artist Carolyn Swiszcz, which has frequently featured West St. Paul stories: $24
More Local Shopping
But don’t stop with our list. There are tons more local goodies out there. Consider supporting the many local restaurants and services in town by giving your friends and family a gift card.
There are also several other opportunities to do some shopping:
- Small Business Saturday: Every knows the crush of Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but Saturday is an organized opportunity to support local businesses. Amore Coffee is hosting a Neighborhood Craft Sale and offering 40% off a single menu item with a receipt from another Smith Avenue small business.
- Santa Breakfast: The Kiwanis are hosting a breakfast with Santa on Sunday, December 1 at Thompson Park. Get your picture taken with Santa and enjoy some pancakes.
- Dodge Nature Center Craft Bazaar: Come to the Dodge Nature Preschool on Thursday and Friday, December 5 & 6 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the annual Winter Craft Bazaar. Find one-of-a-kind gifts from 16 local vendors. Plus, fresh coffee from a local roaster, baked goods, sweet treats—and more. Proceeds from the bazaar fund Dodge Nature Preschool scholarships.
- Secret Holiday Shop: On Saturday, December 7, the City of West St. Paul is hosting the 6th annual Secret Holiday Shop, where kids can shop for family and friends. All gifts will be wrapped and labeled for the children at the end of their shopping experience.
- Santa Pictures & Samples: Head to Oxendale’s on Sunday, December 7 for pictures with Santa and free samples.
- Pop-up Book Sale: Head to Wentworth Library on Saturday, December 7 for a book sale to support the Friends of Wentworth Library. They promise some “holiday themed books”!
- Holiday Pop-Up Shop: Fireside is hosting a shopping event with local vendors on Sunday, Dec. 15 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Neighborhood Craft Sale: One wasn’t enough, so Amore is hosting a second Neighborhood Craft Sale on Saturday, December 21 from noon to 3 p.m.
Did we miss a holiday event or West St. Paul gift? Let us know.
Support West St. Paul Reader by becoming a patron. Post like this only happen with your support. You can give a holiday gift to yourself and to us by becoming a patron and getting access to patron-only updates and other goodies. Learn more >>