Here’s a look at Garlough Environmental Magnet School in 1958 and today.
A ceremony today at the West St. Paul Sports Complex dedicated the Highway 52 bridge over Wentworth Avenue as the Private Joseph G. Marthaler Memorial Bridge.
An account of a pitched battle between city forces and a terrible nuisance: “A cannon, mounted on a truck, cut loose with a deafening boom, while heavily armed police fanned out into the neighborhood.”
The intersection of Marie and Charlton looking northwest in 1961 and today.
Another historic house in West St. Paul is up for sale, this one with remnants of the old Gladstone School.
The Hurley house at 1010 Oakdale, once known as the “cannon house,” was built by one of West St. Paul’s earliest settlers.