Thanks to West St. Paul Chiropractic for their support.
The COVID-19 pandemic shut down summer 2020, but summer is back in 2021 thanks to vaccines. Here’s a rundown of some of the events coming to West St. Paul this summer.
2021 Summer Events
- Pool Opens: Saturday, June 12 – It’s not exactly an event, but why not? The West St. Paul municipal pool opens for the season on Saturday, June 12. More info
- Summer Reading: June 14-July 2 – Wentworth Library’s Summer Discovery, the annual youth summer reading program, is grab-and-go again this year and starts June 14 and runs through July 2 (or until supplies run out). More info
- Movies in the Park: Friday, June 18 – Harmon Park will host a showing of The Croods: A New Age. More info
- Juneteenth: Saturday, June 19 – The Residents of Color Collective (ROCC) presents a Juneteenth celebration at the West St. Paul Sports Complex. The event will include food trucks, local vendors, local performing artists, family activities, and a supply drive. There will also be a Freedom Walk, starting at 11 a.m. at the corner of Smith and Butler and marching to the Sports Complex. More info
- Skate Night: Friday, June 25 – A community skate night at Harmon Park with a DJ. First hour is for young kids and those with limited abilities. More info
- Movies in the Park: Friday, July 16 – Movies in the Park returns with Trolls World Tour at Harmon Park. (watch for more details)
- Skate Night: Friday, July 30 – Another community skate night at Harmon Park with a DJ. First hour is for young kids and those with limited abilities. More info
- Night to Unite: Tuesday, August 3 – A chance for neighbors to connect with organized block parties and create awareness of crime prevention. Register your block party with the city by July 19. More info
- Movies in the Park: Friday, August 6 – Movies in the Park goes multi-lingual with Coco in Spanish at Southview Park. More info
- Pride in the Park: Saturday, August 7 – The Pride picnic returns to Southview Park from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with plenty of food, fun, vendors, and more. More info
- Kickin’ It With a Cop/Firefighter: Friday, August 13 – A kickball game for ages 6 to 12 with West St. Paul Police and South Metro Fire at Harmon Park. $10 fee includes a picnic lunch. More info
- Summer Fun Fest: Saturday, August 14 – Family fun activities at Dodge Nature Center, including live animal program, wagon rides, live music by the Teddy Bear Band, door prizes, and tethered hot air balloon rides. More info
- Movies in the Park: Friday, August 20 – One more Movies in the Park event, this time at Southview Park and the movie selection will be decided by the community. (watch for more details)
- Skate Night: Friday, August 27 – Another community skate night at Harmon Park with a DJ. First hour is for young kids and those with limited abilities. More info
- Cops in the Park: Wednesday, August 25 – Still in the planning stages, but look for more info coming soon on this Southview Park event.
Bike Rodeo: TBD – Also still in the planning stages, but look for a late summer/early fall bike safety event.
Check out the West St. Paul Parks & Rec Summer brochure for more events, including safety camps, Tour de Rec, and more. The West St. Paul Police Department also has a number of events planned or in the works. Watch their Facebook page for more details.
Did we miss something? Let us know.
Local coverage happens thanks to your support.