We believe in government transparency and provide these West St. Paul City Council previews with your support.
It will be a quick meeting on Monday for the West St. Paul City Council, with several summer related items, an agreement on the 911 system, and proclaiming Arbor Day and Migratory Bird Day.
What’s on the Agenda
- Explore WSP Days: We get an update on the city’s planned Explore West St. Paul Days events in August. The festivities include a city open house, parade, movie in the dome, fireworks, concert in the park, and more.
- Summer hours: The city plans to test summer hours for city hall where they open earlier Monday through Thursday but then close Friday afternoon.
- Dakota 911: The only new item on the regular council agenda is approving a joint powers agreement with the county for the Dakota 911 emergency system.
- Pool: The city will again approve a contract with the YMCA to operate the city pool. Look for the pool to open on June 11.
- Proclamations: The city will proclaim May 14 as Arbor Day and Migratory Bird Day. The Environmental Committee is planning a celebration, including a tree planting.
The public can watch the meeting live on Town Square TV or cable TV starting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday (5:30 p.m. for the OCWS).
Learn more about how city council works with our Guide to West St. Paul City Council.
Keep City Council previews and recaps coming by supporting West St. Paul Reader.