West St. Paul is a first-ring suburb of 20,000 people in a metro area of more than 3 million. The local news media doesn’t pay much attention to us. They didn’t report that we became the sixth city in Minnesota to pass a conversion therapy ban, nor did they cover our relaxed chicken ordinance.
It’s hard to know what’s going on.
“Your articles are an amazing resource for local news that you won’t find at TwinCities.com.”Julian LaFerla
Which is why it’s so helpful to have answers:
- Orange cones on Robert Street? That’s for the River-to-River Greenway tunnel.
- Construction at Robert and Annapolis? That’s the North Gateway apartment project.
- What’s coming in front of Cub? Starbucks, Chase, and a yet-to-be-filled retail space.
- What’s the latest with K-mart? Dominium apartment proposal, next step is the TIF approval on August 31.
- What’s proposed at Robert and Wentworth? Market-rate apartments and retail (sorry, the brew pub fell through).
- Who’s running for office? Check out our 2020 election coverage.
We Need Your Help
But answering all these questions and keeping people informed isn’t easy. We need your help.
West St. Paul Reader happens thanks to folks like you. Your support allows us to do the research and write the stories and tell people what’s going on.
When you support West St. Paul Reader, you help keep your neighbors informed.
Support Us Today
Here’s how you can support West St. Paul Reader:
- You can join us as a monthly or annual supporter through Patreon, and get some extra bonuses. (Annual support is brand new and you save 5%!)
- If you can’t commit to monthly support, you can make a one-time donation.
- If you’re a business, consider advertising with us.
Thanks for your support.