Today is the two-year anniversary of West St. Paul Reader. Our first post went live on May 14, 2019. It was a recap of the previous night’s City Council meeting. Since then we’ve been helping West St. Paul know what’s going on.
We recently celebrated by commissioning a new West St. Paul postcard, adding to our collection of members-only exclusives:
West St. Paul Reader Stats
Here’s a look at our numbers since the start:
- 360 posts
- Over 236,000 words
- 99 City Council recap and previews
- 30 interviews
- 27 questions answered
- 7 guest posts
- 2 West St. Paul postcards commissioned
- Most popular post: Aftermath of George Floyd Killing Hits West St. Paul
- Support from 78 ongoing Patreon members and 68 founding Kickstarter backers.
What People Say
Here’s a sampling of the comments we’ve received:
- “This is excellent information. I had never heard about No Mow May, and it shows how valuable the West St. Paul Reader is. I’m so glad I found this website.” -Julian
- “I love being a patron and having an ultra-local (accurate) news source.” -Libby Brandl
- “Excellent article—insightful and informative! It has answered many of the questions we’ve been asking one another.” -Carl B.
- “Thank you for your work. You do a great service to our community.” -Ann Osendorf
A frequent complaint we hear from West St. Paul residents is that they don’t know what’s going on. We get it. Local news sources have shut down or scaled back. The city tries to notify people, but they can only do so much. Social media can be a turnoff and who has the time to do the research themselves?
This is why West St. Paul Reader exists. Our mission is to help people know what’s going on in West St. Paul.
You can help us celebrate our two-year anniversary by supporting that mission.
Join us by making recurring payments as a Patreon member (and get exclusive updates and discounts) or making a one-time payment. Local businesses can also look into sponsorship or advertising opportunities, starting at just $25 per month.
Learn more about how you can support West St. Paul Reader.
If you enjoy West St. Paul Reader, you can thank our supporters. Our Founder’s Wall is an ode to the people who helped launch this site and continue to offer significant support. Our members on Patreon also do the continuing work of keeping us going.
Thank you for reading, sharing, and supporting.