We provide these West St. Paul City Council previews with your support.
Mostly routine business at the upcoming West St. Paul City Council meeting as well as another opportunity to expand sidewalks in the city.
After moving ahead with plans for a sidewalk on Crusader Avenue at the last City Council meeting, Council will consider adding sidewalk to Bidwell Street between Crusader and Marie as part of the same project next year. In 2017 the Council opted not to add sidewalk to this section, but they did narrow the road and leave room to add sidewalk in the future. Council will hold this preliminary discussion during the Open Council Work Session (OCWS).
Other Items on the Agenda:
- Audit: The OCWS will feature a final audit of the 2020 finances.
- Library: New Wentworth Library Branch Manager Jade Cabagnot will offer a presentation on the library reopening and summer programs.
- Wakota Life Care Center: City Council will approve a final plat for the Wakota Life Care Center expansion. While this project caused controversy the first time around, this should be a routine approval and was already approved unanimously by the Planning Commission.
- EDA meetings: During the Economic Development Authority meeting they’ll discuss implementing a more standard meeting schedule instead of meeting only as needed.
- Assessment hearing: There’s an assessment coming for Robert Street sidewalk snow removal and Council has to approve the public hearing, which will be on July 26.
- Easement: There will be a public hearing to vacate an easement between Curtice and Winona.
The public can watch the meeting live on Town Square TV or cable channel 18 starting at 6:30 p.m. on Monday (5:45 p.m. for the OCWS meeting).
If you’re not able to attend the meeting in person, you can always use our coloring pages to imagine you’re there.
Keep City Council previews and recaps coming by supporting West St. Paul Reader.