Thanks to Southview Animal Hospital for their support.
Here’s a rundown of local events coming to West St. Paul this fall:
- Hues & Views: Friday, September 10 – An Art Park mini concert featuring a saxophone and oboe combo from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m.
- Movie in the Park: Friday, September 10 – Come to the West St. Paul Sports Complex for the last movie in the park of the season—Raya and the Last Dragon. The movie will start around 8 p.m. and will move to the horseshoe pavilion if it rains.
- Donuts at the Park Food Drive: Saturday, September 11 – Come by the Art Park for free donuts served in the exact tables and chairs from Granny Donuts. Bring a nonperishable food item for Neighbors Inc.
- Homecoming Parade: Friday, September 17 – This year’s homecoming parade will start at Garlough Environmental Magnet School and end at Two Rivers High School.
- Light Up the Night – Glow Dash: Saturday, September 18 – Walk, run, or push a stroller through a 1.36 miles of light up fun at Garlough Park.
- West St. Paul Open House: Thursday, September 23 – The city’s annual open house is back and it’s spilling over to Marthaler Park. Live music, free food, bounce houses, police and fire demos, and more.
- Community Skate Night and Dance: Friday, September 24 – Come to Harmon Park for the last skate night of the season.
- Warrior 5K Run/Walk and Family Mile: Saturday, September 25 – The ISD 197 Educational Foundation hosts this 12th annual run/walk.
- West St. Paul Rider: Sunday, September 26 – Celebrate the River-to-River Greenway Trail through West St. Paul with this casual bike ride (or walk or roll or whatever).
- Levy Renewal Informational Meetings: Wednesday, October 6 & 13: ISD 197 will host two community meetings to share information about the levy renewal that will be on the November ballot.
- Greenway Ribbon Cutting: Thursday, October 7 – The Robert Street underpass on the River-to-River Greenway will be officially unveiled with a ribbon cutting at 10:30 a.m.
- League of Women Voters ISD 197 Candidate Forum: Thursday, October 7 – Ten candidates are running for three open seats on the ISD 197 school board. Watch this candidate forum to learn more about the candidates (submit questions online by September 30).
- Warrior Rally: Saturday, October 9 – Come out to Two Rivers High School for this pre-game community rally before the Two Rivers vs. Hastings high school football game.
- Police vs. Fire Charity Hockey Game: Saturday, October 9 – Head to South St. Paul for the third annual charity hockey game between the South Metro Fire and local police departments.
- Peace Garden Dedication: Monday, October 11 – Stop by Two Rivers High School for the dedication of a new peace garden adjacent to the front entrance.
- Two Rivers Tour: Saturday, October 16 – Take a self-guided tour of the recent improvements to Two Rivers High School.
- Talk & Taco: Wednesday, October 20 – The Optimist Club of West St. Paul will be holding a school board candidate forum at Dunham’s on October 20 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Day of Healing: Sunday, October 23 – Residents of Color Collective (ROCC) and Restoration for All are putting on a ROCC the City Community Day of Healing event with music, food, voter registration, and vaccines.
- Halloween Extravaganza: Sunday, October 31 – West St. Paul’s Halloween Extravaganza returns to Harmon Park.
- Election Day: Tuesday, November 2 – Three seats on the ISD 197 school board and an operating levy will be on the ballot.
Did we miss something? Let us know.
Local coverage happens thanks to your support.